Price for up to 12 learners at your own venue in a CO, Cm, IP, NR, CB or PE Postcode, other areas available at a small. This package will include IQL / RLSS centre accreditation, experienced trainers & assessors, examination packs, course book and a free gift per learner.
UK First Aid and Safety Training Group offer you the complete package as we feel its important to be the best qualified and trained when you go for jobs. Our complete package will offer you the following:
- IQL Level 2 Award in Pool Lifeguarding, Intervention, Supervision and Rescue
- IQL Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) or IQL Level 3 First Aid at Work (FAW)
- The IQL Level 2 Award in Automated External Defibrillator
- IQL Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support and Management of Anaphylaxis
Course fee is fully inclusive of all fees, including books, assessments and one of Essex leading tutors.
Lifeguard Course Pre-Requisites
Every candidate attending a NPLQ course must be 16-years-old at the time of taking the NPLQ final assessment and be able to:
- Jump / dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder/steps and where the pool design permits
The NPLQ covers all elements of Pool Rescue Techniques, Lifeguarding Theory, First Aid and CPR. The course is physically demanding and will include swimming to set times, lifting casualties and diving to the deepest part of the swimming pool. Training and assessment for the NPLQ is in three sections and all must be successfully passed to attain the qualification.
Section 1 – The Lifeguard and the Law, Swimming Pool Supervision
Element 1 – The Lifeguard and the Law
Element 2 – Swimming Pool, Hazards and Control Measures
Element 3 – Swimming Pool Supervision
Section 3 – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, AED and First Aid
Element 1 – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Element 2 – First Aid
Element 3 – Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
About the assessment
Assessment for the NPLQ takes place at the end of the course. It determines your knowledge and understanding of the principles of working as a pool lifeguard and assesses your ability to apply the skills and knowledge in a work-related environment.
The assessment is split into three sections:
- Practical pool assessment
- Theory Assessment for all 3 sections
- Practical First Aid & CPR assessment